It’s been a minute ey?
Have been quite busy these few days, which resulted in me returning home tired and sleepy.
But today we will be talking about a personal favorite of mine and maybe from many others as well.
There have been sooo many studies proving that coconut oil is one of the HEALTHIEST foods on the planet. The benefits and uses are so many, Oh My Gosh!
The secret that makes this fruit so wonderful, comes from the healthy fats called the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs). Most of the fats we consume take really long to digest because they go through a 26 step process. Whilst coconut oil provides the perfect source of energy because they only have to go through a 3 step process to be turned into fuel.
- Easier to digest
- Not readily stored as fat
- Are anti-microbial and anti-fungal
- Smaller in size, allowing easier cell permeability for immediate energy
- Processed by the liver, which means that they are immediately converted to energy instead of being stored as fat
Now let’s look at why coconut oil is good for our body in general:
- Proven Alzheimer’s disease naturally
- Prevents heart disease
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Protects the liver
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- Boosts immune system (with its antibacterial, anti-fungal properties)
- Memory and brain function improvement
- Improves energy and endurance
- Improves digestion and reduces stomach ulcers
- Improves skin issues
- Prevents tooth decay
- Helps withweight loss
- Helps with building muscle and burning fat
- Help fight off dandruff, dry hair
- Treat yeast infections and candida
- Hormone balance
I love using coconut oil mostly on my body and my hair. Your skin feels and smells glorious. I’m a big fan of anything that smells great. And to me, most of the things that have coconut smell great, so a lot of my skin care products and hair products have coconut oil in them. Not to mention the actual natural coconut oil that I have stored for additional use and treatments.
I have recently started to use coconut oil on my face as well, to help fight the acne thag I sometimes get. And it works wonders. I also make body scrubs out off natural coconut oi which leaves your skin soft, shinny and smooth.