Now this is a natural recipe I love.
First, what is a body scrub right?
Well, it is a skin care product that removes dead skin cells through exfoliation. It also cleanses the skin and improves blood circulation. It acts like a body polish. Can be used on your whole body, including your face.
Being someone that just loves smooth, soft skin… This is a DIY I pamper myself with sometimes.
I personally have not gone to a cosmetics shop to buy a body scrub, but I know what wonders they do to your skin. They do a number of good things like:
- Make the skin look fresh and revitalized
- Make skin look youthful – we humans, shed skin cells daily, around 11, 000 to 23, 000 skin cells per hour, it usually takes about 27 to 30 days for the skin cells to reach the top layer of skin. With the aid of a regular body scrub, your skin will look more vibrant and youthful
- Mosturizes skin – by helping moisturizer work better
- Improves self tanning
- Reduces chances of occasional breakouts on your neck, face or back
- Reduces stress
- Reduces appearance of dark spots or age spots
- Reduces appearance of large pores
- Helps get smoother elbows and knees
- Helps prevent ingrown hairs and makes hair removal easier
- Smoothes razor bumps
I think you get the picture of why this stuff is good for you. So now that I have introduced the idea of making your own, of course, you want the recipe. Well I have many…
I personally use this one:
Olive oil & Brown Sugar Body Scrub
- Half a teacup(big one) of brown sugar
- Extra Virgin Olive oil that is enough get all that sugar wet and applicable
- Cinnamon, because I love the smell (optional)
- Honey, half the quantity of the olive oil
NB: If you are not a fan of the olive oil smell, then replace it with coconut oil
And of course, you will need an empty jar to store the scrub in. You can store it for however long you want.
Let’s look at other recipes that I am willing to try out, especially the vanilla one.
Vanilla Moisturizing Body Scrub
This could maybe be a dessert too!
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coffee & Coconut Body Scrub
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 1 cup organic sugar or salt
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
So those are some recipes I wanted to share with you guys. Please share if you have any good ones too.
I usually use my scrub right after my shower and give my body a nice massage. Also before a shave, it really does make the process easier. Remember, it is not just for your face, your whole body will thank you for it.
These also make such great gifts. Give that special someone this special treat. What do you say?