Let me start off by saying, I love photography. Who doesn’t actually? It does not just involve taking the photos but also being in them, so I mean we all love the aspect of photos.
Lately, and by that I mean for some time now, I have not given myself enough time to just go out and capture things and moments. I constantly fill the need to do that. I now own a Canon EOS 550D, old but reliable to take some great photos. Like any other photographer, I feel the need to upgrade. Not just because of my image qualities but also because I want to try and fit in home made videos (like DIY kinda videos) into the picture.
So of course I would like a camera that has at least:
- a flip screen
- wi fi connection
- great image and video quality
- built in mic port
- not too heavy
The rest would be more towards the technical details.
I did my research and decided that I should save for a Canon EOS 70D. Why this specific one did you say? Let me break it down for you real quick…
- 20.2MP APS-C ‘Dual Pixel CMOS AF’ sensor
- ISO 100-12800 standard, 25600 expanded
- 7fps continuous shooting, burst depth 65 JPEG / 16 Raw
- ‘Silent’ shutter mode
- 1080p30 video recording
- Stereo sound via external mic
- 19-point AF system
- 98% viewfinder coverage, 0.95x magnification
- Switchable gridlines and electronic level display
- Fully-articulated touchscreen
- 1040k dot 3″ ClearView II LCD, 3:2 aspect ratio
- Single SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Built-in flash works as off-camera remote flash controller
- AF microadjustment (can be set individually for up to 40 lenses, remembered by lens serial number)
- ‘Creative Filter’ image processing styles
I’m not a pro photographer, I am not sure if I could actually call myself one, but I certainly love the art. It’s my hobby. So investing in a fantastic camera is my main priority right now.
But let me know what you guys think about the EOS 70D, is it a good buy?