I know, I know! I have not shared with you guys a homemade mask for decades. Well, I had to research and try out new things for you guys.
You must know by now how important it is to do your masks, at least twice a week. Today’s mask is a hydrating mask, deep conditioning mask if you would like to call it too. The mask will add moisture to the hair and strengthen it. AND its for all hair types, curly, straight, wavy, even chemically altered hair.
You will need:
- A hydrating mask, preferably white
- Natural yogurt
- Vegetable oil of your choice (can be olive, grape seed, coconut, avocado, etc)
- Honey or sugar
Your quantities depend on the quantity of your hair and on the hair length:
- 1 tablespoon of a white hydrating mask
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of a vegetable oil of your choosing (you can get your natural vegetable oils at Fahari Cosmetics)
- 1 tablespoon of honey/sugar
What will help you decide if you want sugar or honey on the mask is the thickness of it. They both work extremely well, but if you have very thin hair, or just thin, avoid sugar. Sugar works as a scrub, so if you scrub thin hair, it will definitely break. The sugar might melt in the process but you can never be too careful, it might not melt completely.
- Mix all ingredients together with a stick blender instead of a spoon or fork to get a nice creamy texture.
- Wash your hair as you normaly would, with your co-wash or shampoo, remember that if you have dry hair, you should avoid washing with a shampoo more than once a week. If washing your hair for the second or third time that week, go for the co-wash.
- Once washed, apply your mask in sections or start from the back of your hair all the way to the front avoiding your roots and paying close attention to your ends.
- Leave the mask on for 30 to 40 minutes, apply some heat if you wish.
- After the 30 to 40 minutes have gone by, rinse your hair and apply your conditioner througghout the length of your hair and wash it of.
Finish by doing applying the L.O.C method or just as you normaly would with your hair cream.